- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain well and return to the pan. Add the butter and milk, season with salt and pepper, and mash well. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a sauté pan and fry the bacon and spring onions for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes until the bacon is nicely golden
- Add the peas and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes until reduced. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a non-stick pan and fry the fish for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Serve the mash alongside the bacon and pea mix, and top with the fish.
For a true pescatarian version, just swap the bacon for 50g of pine nuts. Lovely!